Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hello From China

I'm back!! We were having some problems with our website, so Michael and I got a new program for our computer that makes it possible for access parts of the internet that have been blocked here in China - including blogspot. So from now on, I will be using my old trusty blog site here for relaying my experiences of life in China.

For today, I don't want to share any stories. As some of you may know, I have been feeling very homesick over the past few weeks. The experts call this 'culture shock.' I just call it 'missing Annie.' But I do miss more than Annie! Life in China isn't really difficult - we have everything that we need. It's just different. And I definitely couldn't do this alone. Michael is a great source of support and encouragement, but he's not who I'm talking about. My Father is the one who gets me through everyday here - good and bad. Never have I felt his presence more. So today, I just want to share one of my favorite verses, which also happens to go along with one of my favorite songs. When I am feeling lonely or homesick or just plain sad, this verse always lifts my heart.

(The song below was recorded by the ZOE group from Nashville, TN)

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.


No comments:

Post a Comment