Sunday, November 15, 2009

Student Spotlight


Well, this has not started out to be the greatest week in China. It has been raining for about 6 days straight - and it's very cold. Not a good combination. It's one of those times when you don't want to get out in the cold and rain, but you're tired of being cooped up in the house! I also just found out this morning that my Grandad (my last living grandparent) had a heart attack yesterday. He is okay, luckily he called my mom 2 days ago complaining about pains and she told him to go to the hospital - so he was actually in the hospital when he had the attack. I'm also a little bummed to be missing out on the holidays back home. But in an effort at some light-heartedness, I am going to introduce you to one of my students. He is a Freshman English major. His English name is W - yes, the letter W.



(W is the one in the middle - black shirt, big hair)



Contrary to how he may appear, W is actually very shy and a very good student. But you have not yet seen his distinguishing characteristic: his fingernails -



W's fingernails.



I have heard somewhere before that having long fingernails is a status symbol - you can only have long fingernails if you are wealthy enough to not have to do manual labor. If this is true, W is the richest person I know.

1 comment: